The Rolling Loud Festival faces cancellation, according to The Miami Herald.
The festival, scheduled to take place May 5-7 at Miami’s Bayfront Park, is arguably one of the biggest hip-hop events of the year, and features Kendrick Lamar, Lil Wayne, Future, 21 Savage, Travis Scott, A$AP Rocky, Young Thug, Migos, Post Malone, Run the Jewels, Action Bronson, Joey Bada$$, Kodak Black and more.
Miami’s Bayfront Trust has now called a special meeting to take place tomorrow (April 11) to decide if the festival will see the light of day. The threat for cancellation stems from Miami Commissioner Frank Carollo, who oversees the trust, and said that he hadn’t been informed that 40,000 people were expected to attend the festival, though the festival has been advertised for months and reported on by both the Miami Herald and The Miami New Times, as the latter publication points out.
The Miami New Times reports that neighbors complained that last month’s Ultra Music Festival was too loud and disruptive. Last year, the Rolling Loud festival was held in Wynwood but the decision was made to move it to Bayfront for 2017. Represents for the festival informed the Herald that they were told they were “good to go” with the festival. The Herald reports that $8 million has already been spent for the festival.
As of now, Rolling Loud’s website is still advertising that the festival is taking place. A decision about the festival’s fate will be made tomorrow.